Sunday, June 14, 2009

To Die For Basil Chicken Burgers

Ok, I had to share this because it's really good if you are able to spend a little more on the ground chicken, or make your own gr. chicken I guess. I guess you know what I'll be eating this weekend. Enjoy!
burgers:
1 1/2 lbs gr. chicken
3/4 c grated sharp cheddar or finely grated parmesan cheese (I tried parm)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1/3 c mayo
2 Tbs. pesto
pesto mayo:
1/2 c mayo
2 Tbs. pesto
In a large bowl combine gr. chicken, cheese, salt, and pepper. Toss/mix well. In a small bowl, mix mayo and pesto, then add to chicken mixture. Shape it into patties, cover with plastic wrap and chill 30 min. or so. Make the pesto mayo. prep the grill, grab your beverage of choice. spray/brush a little olive oil on each side, grill it up until meat isn't pink. eat with buns, mayo, lettuce, tomato..whatever. makes 6 or 7 burgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment